CARE & FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS
Thoroughly inspect your new toy prior to use.
A WORD ABOUT TAMPER SEALS:
Please note that not all items will come with a manufacturer seal, we have limited control over this as every manufacturer has different practices. Please know that EVERY item we sell is brand new. If your item arrives with packaging that looks beat up or compromised, this would have happened in transit. We do not allow returns and defective items are thrown away by the customer, they do not come back to our warehouse.
WHAT IS NORMAL?
There are lots of situations that cause your toy to not look absolutely pristine when it arrives to you. This is often a by-product of the manufacturing process or the process by which the item is packaged:
- Toys are packed and stored in dusty warehouses. Sometimes there is dust on a toy.
- Toys are packed by human hands. Occasionally a fingerprint or a stray hair may make an appearance. This is a by product of the item being packaged at the manufacturing facility. This does not mean your item has been tampered with.
- Shedding or shavings from your item's packaging may be on your toy.
- Some items are coated in a powdered lubricant. This is to protect the toy’s material and keep it supple. It is perfectly safe. This is most typical (but not exclusive to) toys made from TPE/TPR.
- Very often, toys will absorb the odor of the materials they were packaged in. Yes, even silicone. This dissipates after a thorough cleaning or two and allowing the toy to “air” out.
- Seals often split, lift and jostle in transit, this does not mean your item has been tampered with.
- Packaging can get damaged in transit (especially clam shells) causing it to look beat up or opened. This does not mean your item has been tampered with.
- The manufacturer's packaging isn’t always perfect or polished looking. This happens with the large companies as often as it does with small, independent companies.
None of these situations cause your toy to be unsafe and do not make your item eligible for a refund or replacement. YOUR TOY IS BRAND NEW. It is not possible for you to have received a toy that has been tampered with - EVER. Best practice is to thoroughly clean your toy before and after every use.
Silicone toys can sometimes appear tacky or have streaks of shine on them. This can be a side effect of the curing process. This should come off with a proper cleaning. You can boil non-mechanical silicone items for a few minutes. If it does not dissipate after cleaning, please let us know.
Sometimes your silicone dildo will have slight imperfections, this is perfectly normal. Small divots or pits do not affect the usability of your toy. Since your toy is silicone, it can be completely sterilized, and bacteria cannot hide in these imperfections. However, a tear is different and may undermine your dildo structurally. If your dildo has any tears, please let us know. You must notify SheVibe of material defects within 24 hours of receipt and prior to use.
IF YOUR TOY HAS BEEN TESTED
There are some occasions when a toy is opened and pre-tested for functionality before it leaves our warehouse:
- International Orders
- Clearance Items
- Quality Control Initiatives
Your item has been treated with the utmost care. It has been re-sealed by SheVibe staff. It will have a Quality Control sticker on the packaging. The corresponding part number will be highlighted on the packing slip.
Your new toy should be cleaned before and after every use. Please visit this Educational Guide for the best practices for your toy. Please let us know if you have additional questions.
CHARGING YOUR TOY OR INSERTING BATTERIES:
Rechargeable: Charge your item as per the manufacturer’s directions and for the amount of time indicated. If your item won’t turn on after charging, please ensure that any travel lock is disengaged. Some units also require the power button to be held down for several seconds before they will power on. If you’re having any trouble turning your unit on, please let us know.
Batteries: Insert the batteries in the correct direction. Some caps have notches that need to be lined up and tightened so that the contacts align properly. Sometimes a cap needs extra tightening to make the proper connection. Please ensure that any travel lock is disengaged. Some units also require the power button to be held down for several seconds before they will power on. If you’re having any trouble turning your unit on, please let us know.
Use a compatible lubricant. Lube is an amazing addition to your intimate time. Using the right lube for the job (and for the health of your toy) is very important. Please visit this Educational Guide to find out more about the best lube for your toy.
AFTER CARE & STORAGE:
Always thoroughly clean your toy before and after use. If your toy is not waterproof, be sure not to get water or liquid on or in any of the mechanical portions of the toy. Toy wipes or toy cleaners and a damp cloth are handy to help get them clean without exposing the item to water.
If you have used your waterproof toy in or around water, remove the batteries from the battery compartment and let it air dry completely before storing.
If your toy is rechargeable, store the charging cable with your toy. Labeling the cord is also wise. Lost or missing cords are an obvious frustration and can be difficult to replace.
Although it sounds inconvenient, your toy should be stored with the batteries removed – this will ensure a longer life for your toy.
Storing your toy properly is also important to ensure its longevity. Please visit this Educational Guide for the best practices for your toy.
Above all, we want you to have fun with your new toy. Sex toys are investments. The better care you take of them, the longer they will last. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!